Licence

Creative Commons License
The World According To Laura by Laura Kenney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Monday, September 2, 2013

For the Birds

I have had an interesting long labour day weekend. I have started a diet and took some long walks camera in hand or on neck as it were. I know me taking my camera is a huge shock to to you.. OK I jest.

Seriously taking it along makes the walk less walkish (hey .. it is a word now!!) and more like a hobby. I joined a bird watching site because you know I took several pictures of a bird and you know -- did not know what the bird was. So when in doubt ask those that know. Turns out the bird is a double crested cormorant...thanks to birdforum.net now I know ...and so do you.

Double Crested Cormorant
 Gotta love it when the wildlife pause and pose for you.

proud bird smelling the lake water

I have taken many pictures of birds in the past and most of them have been on nature preserves long enough to know they are safe I guess. 

Mrs Mallard





Mr Cardinal
I have yet been able to capture Mrs. Cardinal though although I am sure I will at some point.

I had a fantastic relaxing weekend all the same. Hope to see you by the lake.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The World According to Laura © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates