Licence

Creative Commons License
The World According To Laura by Laura Kenney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Lift Bridge Rising

When we are trying to escape everyday life we like to imagine that the places that our friends and followers photograph are tranquil and peaceful. For example I have been following a gentleman on Instagram who is on a long road trip through the US, his pictures are beautiful and awe-inspiring. In the images I see the wild majestic rockies sprouting out of the plains, beautiful tranquil sunsets and sunrises.

I can imagine some of you who have seen my nature photographs (and I now there are one or two of you of me five readers) imagine the same of my little town evidently beside Lake Ontario. We do have a working Lift Bridge and I decided to take a video in case any of you have never seen one in action. 

Burlington Lift Bridge 

The other night after a long day at work, I went down to Lake Ontario and saw the usual swans, ducks, sailboats which by the way I still enjoy watching - you would think it would be old hat by now, but no.

As I was taking in the quiet (yes this park is quiet most of the time - no playground is associated with it, just park benches, a few picnic tables and people enjoying some fresh evening air.

Park by Lake Ontario

As dusk fell, I noticed the moon was indeed full and bright. (Thus answering the question - what the heck was wrong with people during the day).

Moonlight shimmering off Lake Ontario




Moonlight on Lake Ontario
I also too a few (LOL) pics of the view at night from my vantage point

View of Burlington Beach and the Lights of Hamilton
These pics are the first time I have tried taking night pictures and I am quite pleased with the results. That is it for now. Hope to see you at the lake.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The World According to Laura © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates