Licence

Creative Commons License
The World According To Laura by Laura Kenney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy Mother's Day.  To thank them for everything they have done for us over the years.  Hugged, scolded, cajoled, embarrassed, teased mercilessly and most of all loved intently.  In return for all this love, what have we done for our Mothers?

In my last blog post, I alluded to Dandelions being God's gift to Mothers. How many of us went out to pick some flowers to bring to our moms and came back with a fistful of those marvelous yellow "daisies"?  And I know some of us tried to go pick some nice flowers that our neighbors planted in front of their houses or even from the garden our mothers planted - but we had been told a gazillion times - do not pick those.  It was nice to see that there are some of those nice flowers this year as now it is someone else's turn to get these treasures.  In fact, my daughter yesterday stated that is cannot possibly be Mother's Day because there were not enough dandelions to go around out yet.



We have eaten peanut butter sandwiches and bowls of cereal for breakfast made by little hands served in bed no less. They actually used to bring me a couple of tea (daughters version of a cup of tea lol).

Admired all the pieces of Mother's Day artwork that could possibly fit on a fridge - some pieces I may add are better than others but they were all made with love - making them the bestest gifts ever.  I want to thank all the creative teachers out there who have to come up with something different every year - tough job that.

Today I managed to surprise my Mother - I sent her a bouquet of flowers - she was not expecting them at all.   She told me afterwards-was wondering who the heck (paraphrasing here) would send her flowers.  She adored them (at least I think she did see point above).  The picture is courtesy of my Mom.



I wanted to thank my Mom and Mother-in Law for all they have done for us over the years.

Mother-in-law and Bratlet
Da mudder and son the leaf fan

Yesterday I went to the wedding of a friend - It was gorgeous.  I want to congratulate the newlyweds - I wish you nothing but the best in everything.  For those who wish to see more wedding photos please click on the My Photos link on the side.


Kevin and Sharon Haines

Happy Mothers Day to one and all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The World According to Laura © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates