Licence

Creative Commons License
The World According To Laura by Laura Kenney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fantasy Hockey

The pre-season for me has just begun. Just when I am hoping and wishing for something positive in the hockey realm, Yahoo Sports has opened their Hockey Fantasy Pools. Last year, the first one I played fantasy hockey, I played in 6 pools as a neophyte I did not know any better. This year I am narrowing it down to probably four.

I have joined forces with Roz (@Tygerlylly) from Tyger by the Tail, and Rene (@hfxhabby) from Pushing the Envelope and am running a league called - The League of Ordinary Smartasses (would have been extraordinary but alas yahoo only allows 30 characters for a league name).  The league has a capacity of 20 teams and if there is a lot of interest we are ready, willing and able to add another league.

***Update the second league is now open called the League of Unusual Tweeples. This league has a capacity of 16 teams.***

If you are interested please by all means send me a shout by e-mail or on twitter at @habbykins and I will send you the necessary info to torment me - nicely.

My promise you (my 5 readers) that I will not use the power of the commish to sabotage or aid any of the participants in this league as much as I may want to. Now do you not wish this was the case at the NHL level.

We have decided to offer some prizes - minimal tokens to go along with bragging rights. These have yet to be determined as we are working on it. As not all entrants are Habs fans the prizes will not ALL be Habs related. We have of course excluded ourselves from winning said prizes so the other 17 players have a slightly better shot.

If you have never been in a fantasy league but want to try it. Hey why not give it a try. The downside to fantasy hockey is you may actually be hoping for a player on a rival NHL team to score - last year I did have to cheer for Bergeron on occasion - and yes it made me feel guilty - but I survived.  Even if you do not know anything about the sport there is always fun to be had. I did join a basketball league last year and came in 7th out of 12 - not knowing a thing about the players - dumb luck - maybe.

I have received some comments about my team name (Les Girls) and that was totally expected - after all whom else would name a hockey team after a couple of body parts. Besides it sounded better than the dumbasses - which begs the question is it better to be a smartass or a dumbass - discuss.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"My promise you (my 5 readers) that I will not use the power of the commish to sabotage or aid any of the participants in this league as much as I may want to. Now do you not wish this was the case at the NHL level."

Oh God yes.

Unknown said...

It should be part of the commish oath LOL.

Post a Comment

 

The World According to Laura © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates